Permission to establish a mission in Fullerton is requested by Rev. Msgr. Leo Fink, pastor of Sacred Heart Church, Allentown. (December 27, 1927)
Permission to establish a mission in Fullerton is granted. (January 1, 1928)
First parcel of property for the mission is purchased from George Boyle. (January 3, 1928)
Construction of first church begins. (March 1928)
First Mass is celebrated at St. Elizabeth Church by Rev. Msgr. Leo Fink. (June 24, 1928)
Permission is requested from the Archbishop to establish mission church as a parish with a resident pastor (September 22, 1930). Unfortunately, permission is not granted.
Permission is requested from the Archbishop to establish mission church as a parish with a resident pastor. Unfortunately, try #2 is not successful and permission again is not granted.
Permission is requested from the Archbishop to establish the mission church as a parish with a resident pastor. Third time is the charm. Permission is granted.
Parish is established on Wednesday, November 19, 1941. Cardinal Dougherty appointed Rev. John G. Engler as pastor of the newly established territorial parish of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, Fullerton. (November 25, 1941)
Purchase of a tract of land adjacent to the church grounds from the Keppel Estate is completed. It contains a house and garage which served as the rectory and social hall (Summer 1942).
By the end of World War II, Father Engler purchases another 15 lots on Pershing Boulevard which become the playground and parking lot.
Plans are complete and funds are raised for St. Elizabeth Parochial Grade School. (Spring/Summer 1952)
St. Elizabeth Parish holds a groundbreaking ceremony for the erection of the Parish Grade School (Sunday, January 11, 1953).
St. Elizabeth School formally opens with the Sisters of Mercy of Merion Pennsylvania engaged as teachers and administrators. (September 1953)
After a fund raising campaign, the Parish All Purpose Hall is built. Upon its completion, the dedication takes place on Sunday, November 10, 1957.
Rev. John G. Engler celebrates the Silver Jubilee of his ordination to the priesthood on June 10, 1958.
St. Elizabeth Parish celebrates its 25th Anniversary. Father Engler celebrates a Solemn Mass of Thanksgiving and Monsignor Leo Fink delivers the homily on November 20, 1966.
St. Elizabeth Parish says good-bye to Father Engler, the pastor for over 25 years on June 16, 1967. He is reassigned to St. Fidelis Parish in Mahanoy City.
Rev. Frederick A. Winkler takes over as pastor on September 17, 1967.
St. Elizabeth Parish holds a kick-off dinner for construction of the new church on March 19, 1968.
Preliminary plans for the new church, offices and rectory are presented to the congregation in July 1968.
Groundbreaking for the new church complex takes place on Sunday, October 27, 1968.
1968 – 1971
Masses, Weddings, May Processions, Forty Hours and other religious devotions and services are held in the all-purpose hall during the construction of the new church.
Folding chairs with kneelers on the back are set-up and taken down by the older school children as needed. Parishioners recall attending services held on the stage with the basketball hoops above and the lunch tables recessed into the wall.
The church is completed and opened on Sunday, May 9, 1971 with a solemn mass which is celebrated by Bishop Joseph Mc Shea, Bishop of Allentown.
Following the departure of Rev. Frederick A. Winkler, St. Elizabeth Parish welcomes Rev. Thomas J. Birch as the new pastor on September 30, 1976.
A new Crying Room is added in the rear of the church. The Chapel, which had been used as a Crying Room is expanded.
A church cannot be dedicated until it is debt-free. Our church becomes debt-free and is consecrated by Bishop Thomas J. Welsh, bishop of Allentown, on Monday, November 17, 1986.
Sadly, our Pastor Emeritus, Rev. Frederick A. Winkler passes away on December 11, 1986.
St. Elizabeth Golden Agers is organized on May 3, 1987.
Rev. Thomas J Birch takes on a new assignment as pastor of St. John the Baptist de LaSalle Church in Shillington.
St. Elizabeth welcomes the Rev. Msgr. Anthony D. Muntone as the new pastor on June 21, 1987.
St. Elizabeth Parish celebrates its 50th Anniversary. In preparation for this event, major renovations are made to the Church. These changes include a more permanent setting for the beautiful statue of the risen Christ, installing a new altar floor and moving the altar forward to emphasize our closeness to Christ in the Eucharist.
The Most Rev. Thomas J. Welsh, Bishop of Allentown, celebrates the Jubilee Mass on Sunday, November 24, 1991.
Parish offices are renovated and another wing is added to the second floor.
St. Elizabeth Regional School celebrates its 50th Anniversary with Sister Bonita Smith, RSM as principal.
Rev. Msgr. Anthony D. Muntone retires in June.
St. Elizabeth welcomes Rev. Edward J. Essig as the new pastor.
Rev. Edward J Essig is assigned as pastor of St. Francis de Sales in Robesonia.
St. Elizabeth welcomes Rev. John S. Pendzick as the new pastor. He is installed on June 25, 2016.
Sr. Bonita Smith, RSM retires as principal of St. Elizabeth Regional School.
Mrs. Linda Schiller accepts the position as principal of St. Elizabeth Regional School.
St.Elizabeth Parish celebrates its 75th Anniversary. The Jubilee committee prepared a wonderful celebration Mass and event at the Holiday Inn, with the Bishop of Allentown, past and present pastors of St. Elizabeth, numerous priests of the Diocese and faithful parishioners (over four hundred individuals!) in attendance.